Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Guru On Mt. Woe

After finishing up the first part of my travels in Jason's Taiwanese hometown of Taichung, we ventured forth to the capital city of Taipei. We spent the day in museums, memorials, and hiking up a mountain called Yangming. The clouds hung low and damp and we mixed our sweat with their mist as we ascended. Jason gave his best efforts towards schooling me on speaking Chinese (along with the help of his wonderful girlfriend, Bella), and after I exhausted my memory capacity with new, foreign words, we fell into familiar conversations of comics, video games, and what our weapons of choice would be if we were warriors of old. (his being a mace and mine being a war hammer)

Tonight we are going to check out some of the local musical talent. Failing to find a punk show to attend, we settled on an indie/shoegaze show.

Tomorrow we head off to Malaysia for four days. I'm not sure if I will have access to a  computer there, so I will update this when I get back.

Like anyone gives a shit

No comments:

Post a Comment